Monday, February 8, 2010

Bangladesh

Would I recommend that any one come to Bangladesh? Absolutely, but with a caveat, if you come here and stay in a hotel and view the country from the other side of the glass, then I would say do not come here. This is only seeing the superficial face of this incredible country. You would not see the beauty of Bangladesh. The beauty of this country is not in the sites that you see but in the hearts of the people. You will never be able to experience, the warmth, the generosity, the family, the joyousness, the spirituality if you do not reach out, literally, to the people here. You must stay in their homes, eat their food with your hands, and sleep on their hard beds. You must speak their words, know what happened here in 1971 and understand why is dinner at 10:00pm and why "Gulshan is for Lovers". That was our experience here and we feel honored to have had it. Alhumdu lillah. I miss my family in the states so I want to go home, but I'll miss my family in Bangladesh as well and don't know when I'll be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment